Buying a new gadget isn’t really what comes to your mind first when you are thinking about penny-pinching and money-saving. But sometimes, all you need is a little investment to save more money in the long run. Like these 5 types of gadgets that were designed to save you cash.
Don’t worry, the price tags won’t hurt your pocket.
1. Electricity Usage Monitor
If you want to save on household costs, owning an electricity usage monitor is important in order to find out how much electricity you’re using to help you control your usage and identify all power-wasting appliances in your home.
- P3 P4400 Kill A Watt Electricity Usage Monitor ($19)
- Belkin Conserve Insight Energy Use Monitor ($28)
2. Energy Conserving Outlet
An energy conserving outlet is a plug that allows you to control how long your appliances, electronics or lights will stay on with a single button or a smartphone app. All you have to do is set a schedule and the power will automatically turn off after the alloted time is up.
- Simple Touch Auto Shut-Off Safety Outlet ($12)
- TP-Link Smart Plug Mini ($30)
3. Programmable Thermostat
To help you conserve energy and household costs, programmable thermostats automatically adjusts your temperature according to a set schedule. For example, when you’re not home… asleep… etc. Using such can save you up to 20% of your cooling and heating costs.
- Honeywell Programmable Thermostat ($24)
- Nest Learning Thermostat – Alexa Enabled ($220)
4. Water Filtration System
Instead of spending a chunk ofyour budget on bottled water, invest in a water filtration system instead. You can still enjoy a water that is free from chlorine, lead and other impurities for a fraction of the price.
- Brita 10 Cup Everyday Water Pitcher with Filter ($26)
- Brita On Tap Faucet Water Filter System ($20)
5. Efficient Shower Heads
Save water, energy and money by installing a high efficiency shower head. Depending on your style and budget, there’s a lot to choose from that can guarantee homeowners up to 60% of savings on water consumption.
- Economy Super Spray Clean Water Saving Amazing Shower Head 1.5 Gpm ($8)
- High Sierra 1.5 GPM High Efficiency Low Flow Shower Head ($40)
If you are looking for ways to save money, these smart purchases can surely help you achieve your goal.