A lot of people take nature for granted and do things that hurt Mother Earth, thinking that their actions won’t affect them. On the other hand, there are some people who are aware of the possible results but think that they can’t change anything so they end up not trying to help the environment at all. Well, that’s a big mistake. Willful ignorance is just as bad as destroying the environment. Little things make big things happen. So if we all do little environmental changes in our lives, we can save the Earth and save money as well. That’s a great motivation, right?
Here are 6 ways that we can do that can save us money and the planet for the future generations:
- Opt to walk or bike to nearby places instead of using fueled modes of transportation. This will not just contribute in minimizing air pollution, you get to save money on gas as well.
- Invest in energy-saving light bulbs and appliances. It may cost you more upfront but they will save you money in the long run. These types of appliances eat up less electricity and these kinds of light bulbs have longer lifespans.
- Save water and reduce your water bill by being conscious of how you are using it. Turn off the water while brushing your teeth. Take shorter showers. Use rinse water to irrigate your plants.
- Research shows that energy is wasted when unused devices remain plugged. So make sure to unplug all gadget, appliances or any device when they are not being used to save money on energy usage.
- Bottled waters are not only pricey but are also hazardous to the environment. Those plastic bottles that are not recycled end up in landfills and clogging waterways or public spaces which can eventually cause flood. So why not buy yourself a reusable water bottle and have it handy wherever you go in case you want to take a drink.
- Another thing that takes up a lot of space in landfills are wasted food. So be wise in making your food and grocery purchases. The less food wasted, the more money saved and more chances to keep the environment healthy.